Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 59 and 60:  I had this cabinet in my bathroom that was completely ugly.  I had done a collage on it a while back, decided I didn't like it and ripped many of the pictures off and painted over part of it with a little yellow paint.  YUCK!  So for day 59, I sanded it down and did a better job of repainting it.  Then for day 60, I added trees that I cut out of black and white magazine paper.  I thought it would be cool to do a symmetrical design, making the two trees mirror images of each other.  I used mod podge to stick the pieces onto the cabinet, and then also painted it on top to give them a protective coating.  This was so much fun to make and I felt glad that I decided to allow myself to take more than one day on a project if necessary, because it allows me to really get into whatever I am making and follow it through to the end.  I spent about four hours each day on it.  My favorite projects of all are those that make my home feel like a more beautiful and happy place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment