Saturday, July 30, 2011

Day 175:  I created a sphere out of cardboard and brown packing paper, in hopes of having a structure to go underneath the lids.  (As mentioned in my last post).
Day 176: I spent nine hours this day gluing lids all over the cardboard sphere.  Part of why it took so long was that I scratched each lid with a razor blade knife to create a more adhesive surface.  I also glued smaller lids inside the bigger lids (and tore apart the half sphere I made before and all the glue stuck to those lids).  I am lucky that my daughter is spending time with her grandma in Colorado, and that both of my friends that I had planned on spending time with this day canceled on me.  I really wanted to make this in time to photograph it and submit it to a recycled art show here in Taos.  I got it in at the very last possible moment, but it wouldn't have been possible if I didn't spend an entire day with it!  I have just a few more additions I want to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment