Day 123: There is a beautiful cardboard butterfly project on the "cut out and keep" website that inspired this. I mostly just wanted to try out the technique and see how easy it was (or not) to cut designs into the cardboard and peal away the unwanted pieces, before doing a more elaborate design. It was fairly easy to do, and it was fun, so I will definitely revisit this technique again.
Day 124: For my project this day, I covered one of my paintings that I wasn't that into with pieces of torn journal pages. I used glue that was watered down (with a squirt of black paint added) to attach the pieces. I wanted it to have a messy look, but tried to be as careful as possible to not get too much of the black paint on the front of the paper. I didn't want to obscure the words completely. So I was trying to be clean and careful and loving the resulting mess. My plan for this is to actually add more layers of other types of paper on top, this is only the base layer for whatever this piece will become. I am rather fond of it at this point though, so I'm gonna let it stay like this for a while. (This was another one of those projects that completely consumed me and kept me up till one in the morning, whoops!)