Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Day 357: I made some recycled valentines using some blank recycled paper cards and cuttings from magazines.
Day 358: I made an envelope from a magazine page for a valentine that I made.
Day 359:  I was so very sick on this day, it is the only day I haven't made anything, no matter how small.  Hanging up these hearts was as close to a creative endeavor as I could manage!!

Day 360:  Still feeling sick on this day, I just added to the coaster I started a couple of weeks ago.  I am still very very fond of the magazine reed technique.
Day 361: I made some more pop top bracelets. 
Day 362:  A friend of mine gave me a bunch of little cards that all had the same print on them.  They were mini "business cards" she handed out at a presentation she did.  I took several of them, cut petal shapes and glued them together.  I happen to have about a hundred more, so I might just add to this, making it a bigger, multi-layered flower.  I remember when I started this yearly project, I kept making so many flowers, so I started trying not to make flowers, and here I am near the end making a flower again. Maybe finishing it will be the project for my very last day.  One last big explosive flower.
Day 363:  I made the circles I had cut out last week into pins.  All the words and images were cut out from old magazines.  These were so much fun to make!  We are selling these at the store where I work and I feel really lucky that I can be creative and have fun at work.  I have only two days left to go of making something every day.  Although at times throughout the year I have felt like it would take forever to get through the year, it now seems like it has flown by.   I am feeling both relieved and sad  about it coming to an end.  I am hoping that I can keep my art and creativity a priority in my life even after I finish this commitment.  Before I started this yearly endeavor, I was not very dedicated to making art, even though I've always considered myself a creative person.  Over the past year, it has become one of the most important parts of my life.   I feel more like an artist than I ever have before.  I was just asked last week to be a part of a collaborative art project, where eight different people each decorate a large wooden puzzle piece, and then these pieces all fit together.  People approach me now, asking me to be involved in making and teaching art.  I used to be secretively creative; not on purpose, but most people in my life didn't know I was artistic at all.  It wasn't until I started making things every day that my art started making its way past the confines of my own personal world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment