Saturday, April 28, 2012

Over the past few months, I have continued to make a lot of recycled art.  I make something almost every day.  I can't help myself, I'm so used to it!!!  I have been working on one major project for an art show.  It's part of a puzzle made up of eight pieces that is going to be in an art show in Philadelphia.  I sent it off in the mail a few days ago.  I am very excited to be a part of an art show outside of my own little town, it's a first for me.  I created this collage out of magazine pictures.  I cut up pieces of sky and buildings, and mixed them all up to create a new sky and a cityscape.  I populated it with tiny people and cars and such.  I added some perspective, yet allowed for some disproportion to give it a somewhat surreal feeling.  I wanted it to be fun to look at, with quirky little things happening, like a person floating into the sky with ballons.  I collected little people and cars for this for about three months, but only a few out of the hundreds of little pictures I collected ended up fitting right.  I had way too much fun making this and put so much time and love into it.  It is definitely one of my favorite pieces of art I have created!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Often think of you & if you make something daily still. And come here to refer back to a project you've done for inspiration and instructions.
    Congrats on being a national artist now! Keep up the great work - and the new posts too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following my projects all this time. Glad I could be an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete